Monday, January 20, 2014

Bad days

I’ve been having a few bad days lately. It’s boring, work-related stuff but I’ve been down in the dumps, feeling a bit frazzled and generally sorry for myself. Then I read this on a random Tumblr:
“…imagine showing Arthur Weasley a gif for the first time. At first of course he’d just think it was a normal wizard photograph, but then you’d explain that muggles made it and his heart would just explode with joy over these muggles making such amazing shit even though they have no magic at all. How amazing. How inventive. Maybe whenever you’re feeling bad about yourself imagine how much Arthur Weasley would enjoy meeting you.”
It works. I was sitting here feeling grumpy and then I thought about how much Arthur Weasley would enjoy meeting me and I instantly felt better. I thought of the way he’d smile and how that smile would light up his eyes, I thought of the questions he’d ask me and how fascinated he would be by my stupid answers. This isn't sarcasm: this is honesty Okay, I may have cheated a little bit by kind of slipping into a side fantasy in which he also introduces me to his cute older son but I DIGRESS.

The main point is worth repeating: whenever you’re feeling bad about yourself imagine how much Arthur Wesley would enjoy meeting you.

No comments: