Saturday, October 17, 2015
Favourite Things I Have Done in Thailand This Week
1. Sat on my balcony listening to this.
2. Not set my alarm clock.
3. Breakfasted alone. For, like, 2 hours with my book.
4. Snorkelled in really deep water and not thought about sharks the whole time. To clarify: I thought about sharks most of the time so I didn't really enjoy this while I was doing it, per se, but I did feel chuffed with myself for not being a total pussy and staying on the boat.
5. Ate a LOT of really good food. Last night's six course meal (seven if you count the little swinging chocolates at the end) was a real highlight, even if I was in danger of having to roll out of the restaurant.
6. Demonstrated iron will power by not drinking every wine or cocktail put in front of me... which was a lot.
7. Encountered charming Aussies running hotels or restaurants or both over here. Once of them grew up a street away from me.
8. Had two of the best massages I've ever had. I still feel a bit like I was beaten up but in the best possible way.
9. Fell asleep in the sun.