Friday, January 18, 2008

I’m sorry

I have been a slack little blogger lately for a number of reasons. The first is simple – due to extreme imcompetence (not mine, I swear) I am still without the internet at home. This situation is clearly unacceptable but what did the genius’ at iinet have to say about it the other day? “Hmm it should be working”. Brilliant, take a two hour lunchbreak, boys – you've earned it.

The second is less depressing and it starts with a ‘w’. Yes, work is rattling along rather well lately, if you enjoy living in a climate of fear in which two different bosses give you two different sets of instructions for the same story and you spend the entire day trying to pleae both of them, only to find out an hour after you’ve filed the story that they’ve both changed their minds anyway and you have to start from scratch.

Grumbling aside, work really is going quite well and I’m starting to get genuinely excited about some of the stories and issues I get to cover. How sad. But the combination of both of the above points means I have a) no time to blog at work and b) no means to do it at home. So you can take this as my apology, dear reader(s) - especially as this puppy is about to tick over to the 6000 mark. Even if it is, quite frankly, unbelievable (but, hey, I appreciate the patronage, Mum).

No comments: