Thursday, March 15, 2007

I have a house!!!

Okay, perhaps I should clarify: Andy and I have a house.

By which I mean we have a house to rent.

By which, in turn, I mean, we are renting Andy brother’s (and his girlfriend’s) Northbridge apartment for 9 months while they prance around South America.

But nevertheless - this is progress.

The only question left to answer is whether I’ll miss my parents’ frequent day and night time skinny dips more than I’ll miss Dad yelling at me for leaving my shoes on the dinner table.

I’m still waiting to break the news to Tikki - even if Kate and Jerm were cool with her shedding her fur all over their carpets, which I assume they are not, I’m not sure she is up to another move. But at the same time my heart breaks a little when I think of leaving her home with Mum and Dad and the gruesome hounds of poodle doom.

Then again, though she is a fabulous cat with a lovely nature (ahem) she isn't necessarily the sharpest knife in the drawer...P’raps I’ll just erect a few pillows and a wig beneath my blankets for 9 months and hope for the best. Hey, she’s a cat: she knows what it’s like to love your sleep…

No comments: