Tuesday, November 18, 2014

No jokes, just a recommendation

Fair to say it's pretty hard for most of us to imagine what it would feel like to be trapped inside the wrong body. Harder still to imagine how you process all that if you're a little kid, not to mention if you're the parent of that little kid. It's the morning after I watched last night's episode of Four Corners, featuring transgender kids, and I can't stop thinking about it. That's the power of great and important journalism: when it can make you feel simultaneously sad and happy, powerless and fired up. If you missed it, catch up on iView - it's the best episode I've seen all year.

N.B: On a related note, this article popped up on my Facebook feed today offering an adult perspective on similar issues. I tend to think of myself as an open-minded person (don't we all) and it got me thinking about my tendency to want to put labels on things so, um, yeah. There you go.

No comments: