Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Chan ban, thankyou man (yeah I know the puns are getting worse)

My love for Jackie Chan - forged in the fire of classics such as Young Master and Drunken Master II but sorely tested by the two minutes I saw of The Tuxedo and the tragedies that were Rush Hours 2 to 3 - has been partially restored by listening him slam the Rush Hour franchise.

Basically saying he only did the movies so he could fund projects that actually interested him, Chan said he was offered an “irresistible” amount of money for the work and only just stops short of saying the movies were a pile of shit:
"When we finished filming, I felt very disappointed because it was a movie I didn't appreciate and I did not like the action scenes involved. I felt the style of action was too Americanized and I didn't understand the American humor […] Nothing particularly exciting stood out that made this movie [Rush Hour 3] special for me ... I spent four months making this film and I still don't fully understand the humor.”
You can read the rest here or on Chan's blog.

My love for Chan will be completely restored if he now manages to pull out another Police Story or, what the hell, another Rumble in the Bronx. Frick it I'd pay just to see him chew up chillies and spit them into his opponent's face just one more time...

No comments: