Monday, April 7, 2008

She said, consumed with jealousy

Since my last giddy post about The Crappy Novel That Dare Not Speak It's Name things have gone, er, downhill. If I'm honest I could say that while the first three or four chapters are quite decent the rest is a huge pile of slush with more plot holes than plot and generally squirmingly bad. I can barely look at the thing at the moment. So that's all pretty depressing. But although my 'writing' 'career' may appear to be a pipe dream, for any other would-be writers out there The Australian/Vogel Literary Award is now accepting entries for 2008. If you don't know this is the richest award for an unpublished manuscript by a writer under the age of 35 and ol' Mr Winton is among its former winners. Anyway deadline is May 31 so if anyone has a manuscript collecting dust or reckons they can finish one off my then check the details out here and good luck.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shan't. My novel shall remain in my head and not even see the light of a pile of foolscrap or a dodgy keyboard. How's your hols?

my name is kate said...

My hols are brilliant. Achingly good. But did I mentioned you get 50 grand if you win this competition? Write, minx, write!

Anonymous said...

Why are you up so early on your hols? I certainly hope it's because you've been on an all night bender.....

my name is kate said...

I'll have you know I am a productive member of society or something. Especially on my hols.