Saturday, June 23, 2012

I think I might be a moron

At the very least I'm starting to forget what words mean. Or maybe I never knew. I just googled the word "dictum" because I wanted to use it in a work story and realised I wasn't sure if I was using it right. Moron. Same deal yesterday when I described someone in a story as "avuncular". The longer I stared at the word the less and less certain I was that I actually knew what it meant. Perhaps the conspiracy theorists are right: excessive diet coke consumption is eating away at my brain. I'm even more of a moron because now I'm sitting here thinking how much happier I would be trying to write this STUPID work story with a diet coke at my elbow. If I open up my front door to find an ice-cold diet coke on the step I think I might actually start believing in God.

UPDATE: No diet coke. Atheism remains intact. Probably all for the best.

No comments: