Wednesday, December 10, 2014

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Let me explain why the tweet above has me so goddamn excited.

1. Last year American author Rainbow Rowell wrote a book called Fangirl about a young girl who writes fan fiction. The fan fiction was based on a series of fantasy books - "Simon Snow" that sounded a lot like Harry Potter.

2. Fangirl was awesome - one of my favourite books of 2013. As part of the book it included snippets of the main character's fan fiction. As unlikely as it sounds those snippets were a big part of why the book was so good: I really wanted to find out what happened in that other world.

3. Rainbow Rowell is now writing a book BASED ON THAT FICTIONAL FANTASY SERIES. And I am dying with excitement.

No comments: