Friday, July 27, 2012

Ex Schmex

I once went out with a guy* who had been - and, over the course of our romance I kinda increasingly got the impression almost certainly still was - half in love with his "best friend", a cool redhead indie pixie-type who was maybe mostly gay but had also sort of gone out with this guy for awhile. I don't know. It was a super weird relationship (theirs, not ours) that involved getting matching black cat tattoos (both of them), having said tattoo removed (him), accusing the other person of... rape? (her). Yeah that's right: just the usual, the ol' casual rape charge between friends. Who hasn't been there? Anyway, I can't say I ever wanted to sit down and shoot the shit with this girl. Or any of my (short list of) boyfriends' ex-girlfriends. But this charming article courtesy of The Hairpin actually makes it sound like a pretty great idea.

*Fun fact: this guy is now going out with a friend-of-a-friend-of-a-friend (Perth, eh?) who seems perfectly nice and normal, thus putting an end to my theory he just had really shitty taste in women.

No comments: