Monday, April 23, 2007

Token Smokin' Hottie: Carl Barat

To paraphrase a great movie I feel I am drifting back into the arena of the unwell. That is to say that my obsession with now defunct UK greats The Libertines has been well and truly reignited by the purchase and hasty reading of The Libertines: Bound Together biography.

A quality read with great ho-yay laden pictures (Bec: that mock-up postcard you sent me is on the fridge in the new house. It makes me hungry alright...) and suddenly I'm full of a desire to dress up like Oscar Wilde and throw a television through the window...

Hence this week's Token Smokin' Hottie, the quite delicious Carl Barat who famously smashed the shit out of his face on a bathroom sink but managed to retain uber hot status. Bastard's talented too.

12 comments:

Dave said...

doesn't change the fact pete doherty's still a junkie...

my name is kate said...

You'd go there, Johnsy - it's all the same in the dark.

Bolton said...

you make love like a man, don't you?

my name is kate said...

I'd throw Mr Barat around like a rag doll

Dave said...

That wouldn't be hard from the looks of him. He's probably on a similar diet to Mr Doherty

my name is kate said...

You should know by now that I like my men to look like they were raised in a dark room with no natural light...

Lindsay said...

You are only excused because the man does not have weeping sores on his face. Unlike "other" people. Let's call them Pete.

Bolton said...

kate, you will always have my admiration for your honesty. i wish more people were attracted to scrawny malnourished vitamin d-deficient man-child boys with scraggy hair and general lankiness. i like that you buck what society expects.
it's people like you give people like me hope.
not me obviously, i'm gay and busy. but people like me.

my name is kate said...

well if only there were more people who found round-faced, medium-sighted borderline neurotic journalists hot I'd be just as happy!

shiny said...

I kind of understand the attraction. Any when it comes down to it there's nothing wrong with these hotties.

They're just not legal.

Even if they are, they're not.

If you're comfortable with that then that's fine.

Bolton said...

do you find the guy on the new iinet ads cute? i'm afraid i do.

he has an accent.

take me. take me now, irish boy.

my name is kate said...

I haven't clocked him yet but if he checks the tall and skinny boxes and has an accent thrown in for the hell of it then computer, surely, says yes.