Friday, May 30, 2008

I am not an animal

Who was it who said that insanity is doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting different results?

I can’t remember but I think he or she has a point.

How many times, for instance, I have banged on, both on this blog and to friends, about the time my skin reacted to some under-eye cream and blew up? How many times have I described the absolute disgusting state of my face at that time? (Seriously, to those who didn’t see me then… small children would have run from me if I’d actually made it out of the house. Think of the Elephant Man’s less attractive twin sister and you know where I’m coming from).

And how many times SINCE THEN I have discovered that my under-eye skin has become super sensitive?

So why, WHY did I decide it would be a brilliant idea to put some hardcore pimple cream on a harmless wee pimple just below my under eye area yesterday? And, more importantly, who do I have to blame when I wake up to find my treacherous skin has swollen one side of my face up so that half my left eye is effectively smooshed shut?

Yeah, that’s what I thought.

No comments: