Thursday, September 13, 2007

Token Smokin’ Hottie: Bret McKenzie

When girls say that what they really find attractive in a man is a sense of humour they don’t mean Johnny Vegas. Personally, at least, a sense of humour in a guy is a must but, even so, when I say I like funny guys it doesn’t mean I want a big, jolly comedian with a face like a wedding cake left out in rain (copyright W.H.Auden). I mean I want Bret McKenzie, one half of New Zealand singing comedy duo Flight of the Conchords, where comedy and uber hotness collide in one scrumptious little package. (In the pic above he’s the dude on the right, if you couldn’t tell).

I have Lindsay to thank for putting me onto this little gem, which has left me giggling in front of my computer like a maniac (if you’re going you-tubing for these guys try “Boom, boom,” “if that’s what you’re into” or “Bret you’ve got it going on’” for hi-larity).

Comedy aside Bret’s big puppy dog eyes, lanky limbs and general scruffiness would probably be enough to make me fall a little in love with him (as that’s what I’m into) but listening to Bret (or “Brit” if you like) try to convince a racist fruit seller to let him buy an apple, refer to a girl as being “so hot she’s making me sexist,” sing a song for his girlfriend about what he’s prepared to do for her (not much, really) or watching his face as band partner Jermaine tells him about the time he put a wig on him and spooned him really pushes me over the edge.

The fact that he’s kinda dorky and wears a number of truly heinous jumpers throughout the course of their HBO show Flight of the Conchords only adds to the appeal, of course, because it give me the illusion that, geography aside, I could be in with a chance. Yes he’s an awesome musician and comedian but he also seems like he’d be fun to hang out with at home when you’ve had a blackout or something and have to sit around and pass the time. Of course, if it was up to me, ‘passing the time’ would involve some hard-core nudity, but you know, I didn't say I just loved him for his talent...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like I said, you can't trust the internet to really really guarentee he has a fiancee. I'll fight you for him. In fact, I'd climb the biggest mountain for him. I'd eat the biggest meal. I'd even ride the fastest animal. Or maybe I'd just hang out with him - if that's what he's into...

L x

my name is kate said...

“This is Bowie back to Bowie - I read you loud and clear, man…”