Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Dorkus Maximus

I have come to terms with the fact that I am quite the dork. I have been known to alphabetise my books, I read at least five website religiously and if you get me wound up on certain subjects I will deliver a lecture and/or a rant.

But every now and again I get a little reminder of just how much of a dork I am. Today's reminder came in the form of this website- http://ilx.wh3rd.net/thread.php?msgid=4328588 - which I found for the second time this year and which dishes up book reviews in 25 words or less.

And I love it. Yes, on paper reading book reviews at length for, you know, fun sounds pretty lame. But before you judge me I present exhibits a through e:

1. Pride and Prejudice
High-principled woman who is not so superficial as to be taken in by wealth and good looks chooses the handsome, shaggable one anyway.

2. The Bible
Good opening chapter. Main character arrives halfway through, but gets killed off early. Some decent (if dated) commandments. Cracking ending. Slighty too open to interpretation.

3. The Lord of the Rings
Little guys go to a lot of trouble to get rid of stolen jewellery.

4. Tess of the D'Urbervilles
Rural tart gets mixed up with local bounder. Dad is constantly pissed. Too upbeat? OK, I'll add a dead baby and a murder. Stonehenge. Hanging.

5. The Wizard of Oz
Transported to a Surreal landscape a young girl kills the first woman she meets, then teams up with three complete strangers to kill again.

2 comments:

my name is kate said...

Despite all my literary wank why is it that it's the Lord of the Rings one that slays me the most?

Nishant said...

thanks..
the sentance describing the lord of the rings helped to solve a quetion in a quiz....