Friday, November 17, 2006

My Secret Shame

How embarassing.

I don't really know how to say this but I seem to have developed a crush.

On Leonardo Di Caprio.

But, wait, I can totally explain.

I finally, finally saw The Departed last night (in which Di Caprio, as well as Marky Mark, Matt Damon, Jack "I eat scenery for breakfast" Nicholson and puffy-but-strangely-charismatic Alec Baldwin , stars) and... well, I don't know... somewhere between doing push-ups in jail and smashing someone in the head with a glass he morphed into someone not... well not unattractive.

In fact by the end of the movie I was about two drinks away from writing 'I heart Leo' on all my notebooks.

Until now he's always struck me as a bit of a smug-girl boy who peaked around the time he decided pretending to shag Kate Winslet meant he could refer to his day job as his 'craft'. And, sure, I thought he was great in Catch me if you Can but it's still a long way from that to The Departed, where he smokes his way from scene to scene absolutely bleeding charisma off the screen.

And the thing is.. I'm not even sure why he looks so smoking hot all of a sudden. If you stare at his face for long enough i can look kinda... piggy... and the term 'baby face' still has some currency. But put the boy in a hoodie, apply stubble liberally and a hefty pinch of tough-vulnerability and... well, I'm going to go and have a long lie down because I really can't be caught waxing lyrical about Leonardo Di Caprio of all people but, you know, for the first time in... well kinda ever I would totally tap that.

No comments: