Wednesday, November 15, 2006

In the beginning there was the blog and the blog was... well it was okay

A good friend told me recently that change is always hard. This is one of those things that, when you hear it, you think 'well yeah no shit' but the more you think about it the more you think 'yeah... it really... is'.

And it's true. Thing are changing for me. I'm coming close to the end of my first year in full-time employment: I'm now a working girl (in the Melanie Griffiths rather than the Julia Roberts sense of the phrase).

I'm also about to move from one office to another. I'll still be in the same company, still be doing more or less the same job but I'll be working with people I don't know well at all. I've only been where I am for about 9 months so I probably shouldn't be as bummed as I am. But it sucks.

I might have to face a big decision about where to live in the near future and it's not so much a matter of choosing between Mt Hawthorn and North Perth but a decision about what the hell I'm doing with my life.

I've recently(ish) turned 24. I'm entering mid 20s and I'm not where I thought I'd be. I thought I would have written a book by now. Maybe two, even if they were both really crappy. I thought I would be making better life choices rather than fricking around trying to avoid making choices at all. But, on the plus side, ten years ago, or even five years ago, I wouldn't have thought I'd be starting a blog and yet here I go. Because, you know, there just aren't enough of these suckers on the internet as it is...

No comments: