Monday, May 21, 2007

Token Smokin' Hottie: Michel Cote

There are a lot of things to love about Michel Cote.

Let's start with the fact with his starring role in the fantastic movie C.R.A.Z.Y in which he alternates between wearing a series of tight jeans and 70s-tshirts and dressing up like David Bowie to perform Ground Control to Major Tom in front of his mirror.
Cote absolutely rocked in that roll, making himself vulnerable and likeable and super hot all at once. Apparently I wasn't the only one either: I have no idea what a Genie Award is but Cote snagged one for his work on the movie and kudos to him.

(Apologies for the aside but I once went a little bit CRAZY myself where that movie is concerned. While browsing in the local video store I saw a young couple looking at a copy of C.R.A.Z.Y. Because I had seen the movie recently and loved it I had a burst of confidence and a desire to steer them away from the copy of Snakes in a Plan in their other hand. So, as I was standing right next to them I said "oh that movie's great, you should get it out". They gave me a look like I had just asked if they wanted to come back to my car for a threesome and said they had already seen it. I smiled and edged away, skulking around in the Science Fiction section until they left the store. Good times.)

Anyway back to Cote... well maybe not. To be honest I lied when I said there were a lot of things to like about him. Until recently I didn't even know he existed. He's hot, a good actor and knows how to choose good scripts but... reeeeeaally the only other thing I'm basing my love of him on is the fact that his list of film credit shows he has appeared in two movies called The Horse Trader's Daughter and The Belly of the Dragon. And both of those movies sound like they would be pretty awesome.

So it comes down to this: he dresses up like David Bowie and performs Ground Control to Major Tom. David Bowie. Major Tom. Face makeup.

And, honestly, isn't that enough right there?

No comments: