Thursday, June 7, 2007

"... and time has been cruel to David Bowie, too."

Okay so I saw this sign on Pamie's site but it made me laugh and imagine the conversations the poor bastards at the video store must have had with customers. A week ago I would have said that only a complete moron or a senile blind woman would fail to realise the movie was Spanish before getting it out but I stand corrected - that guy I blogged about on Monday who said in his rsvp.com profile that he liked to watch movies that had won awards would totally have gotten it out without reading the back.

Normally about here I would go on to make a joke in very bad taste about what he would have done while watching the movie, given that he is single, a freak and therefore probably sexually frustrated as a mule as well as being too thick to read the subtitles... but I've seen the movie and it's lovely and sad and that joke would be very, very wrong. Seriously, this movie will either make you cry or cut yourself. Not do that other thing.

3 comments:

Dave said...

I tried to lend that DVD to my uncle, saying it was a really good film. His reply was that if he wanted to read, he'd get a book. Pleb.

Bolton said...

Does that say it is a Spanish "Flim"?

my name is kate said...

Why yes, yes it does. So the people who work at the video store are sort of dipshits too...