Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The Butterscotch Stallion will live to ride another day

I have been in the past what you might term an Owen Wilson enthusiast. I have watched, I have admired and, yes, I have swooned. I even own a T-shirt (which I paid good money for) which features both a rendition of his head, complete with flowing mane of golden locks, and the words Butterscotch Stallion adorned on it. The reason for this adoration was mostly tied to his involvement in Bottle Rocket, Rushmore and The Royal Tenenbaums - the former two making up two of my all time favourite movies. So I feel obliged to post something on the fact that Owen may or may not have tried to top himself this week.

But to be honest it’s a bit hard to know what to say because the Owen Wilson love has dried up a bit in recent years thanks to a string of mediocre to crap movies and his mercifully brief alliance with Kate ‘it shouldn’t be illegal to kill me, it really shouldn’t’ Hudson. Instead I’ll just direct your attention towards his better days (the volume is quiet but it's a classic scene) and hope that when he’s recovered he stops making shit like Cars and comes to Perth to hang out with me instead.

No comments: