Sunday, August 5, 2007

Token Smokin' Hottie: Marlon Brando

Okay sure - putting (a young) Marlon Brando as a Token Smokin' Hottie is not unlike saying The Beatles are your favourite band: safe but incredibly dull, right?

I know this, I know this but there are things that need to be said and the fact that Brando was, in fact, an extremely attractive man is one of them (so it's not quite 'we will fight them on the beaches' but the dude is hot).

For people of a certain age a hot Brando seems natural, normal, maybe even familiar, I don't know. For those of us, however, who remember him best as a bloated and mental Kurtz, a croaking Godfather or a billowy-shirt-wearing freak in The Island of Dr Moreau (which I will pretend not to have seen) it's worth having a look just to remind yourself what everyone was talking about.

Huh huh. Hmm. Mmm. Sure, sure great actor, method schmethod, possibly shagged James Dean whatever. To recap: The dude was hot.

6 comments:

Bolton said...

Brando and Dean in the 1950 version of Brokeback Mountain is one of my recurring dreams.

my name is kate said...

You've been reading my dream journal again, Dans.

Anonymous said...

I'd go a young Paul Newman before Marlon Brando. In fact, I'd go Paul Newman now. mmmmmm

L x

my name is kate said...

Paul Newman would be sweet, for sure, but Brando could throw you around like the proverbial bloody rag doll... man I either need to watch Streetcar again or take a cold shower...

Bolton said...

Paul Newman in Cat On A Hot Tin Roof was even more latently homosexual. Thank you Tennessee, you beautiful fucking genius.
And thank you whoever cast Newman as Brick.
I think Paul Newman was my first crush. Of course, I told myself the crush was on Elizabeth Taylor... but somehow, that's an even gayer result, I think.

my name is kate said...

If it was a shoot, shag or marry sort of a deal I would shoot Elizabeth Taylor, shag Brando and marry Newman but, you know, it’s probably not going to happen for me…