Thursday, August 16, 2007

The Hungry Years

"I wake up on the fattest day of my life, 20 January 2003. I am just over 6 feet tall, and weigh... how much? I step on the scale and off it very quickly, to limit the damage. 236lbs. At best! My bathroom floor slopes slightly, and I have positioned the scale carefully to ensure the smallest possible reading"
So begins UK journalist William Leith's book The Hungry Years: Confessions of a Food Addict.
To read the full blog check out the CNG Lending Library site.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I borrow? It may help me to stop eating the sofa. And those 2kg I thought I lost being ill? They were just hiding. They're back now. I demand this book immediately.

L x

my name is kate said...

It's fab - I'll try to remember to bring it in tomorrow.